Sunday, August 15, 2010

The ER - Again

Coop has a knack for being a boy . . . for getting hurt.
Richard had taken the girls for ice-cream, I was doing laundry, and Cooper had opted to have daddy bring home ice-cream for him, so he could keep playing outside with his friends.

I heard the screaming from across the street and by the time I got to the front door, he was there (with Hunter, Jaxson, and Carter M) with blood seeping through his hand that was pressed against his eye.

I was afriad to look (as usual) but demanded to know what had happened so I could be prepared for what was below the bloody hand.  Another BB?  A knife to the eye?  Would I see an empty eye socket?

Luckily, he had only collided with a metal stair rail in the Murdock's garage - and simply split the skin just below the brow.  We pressed a cloth to it and I scrambled to get my shoes on while his friends got him buckled in the car.  (I found out later they said a prayer for him)

As I was pulling out of the driveway, Richard pulled in, so FOR ONCE I didn't have to do the ER all on my own.

Cooper was a trooper.  He was a bit nervous when the doctor was describing the injection he would get, so I whispered a prayer in his ear and he calmed down.  In fact the whole time that the needle was IN his eye, he let out only one small moan.  I, on the other hand, had to put my head down.  He later told me that he had a testimony that prayers are answered.  Sweet, sweet boy.

 
Being so brave and calm through the whole ordeal.

The finished product - 7 stitches to the brow.





Getting them removed a week later


As good as new.


1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh wow--you're right, Cooper was a trooper!