Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of School

Mothers everywhere anticipate this day.
I dread it.
It is a sure symbol, garbed in bright new clothes and combed hair, that my babies are growing up and away from me.
It's an official declaration that they'll be ONE YEAR OLDER very soon, further away from preschool age, toddlerhood, and infant stage.
Further away from when they and I together were everything.
Further away from lisps and mispronunciations.
Further away from silly sayings and perpetual grins.
Further away from hand-holding and snuggling.
Further away from downy hair and naps on my lap.

But never further from my heart.

McKenna Ann - SENIOR!


Tessa May - 9th Grade

The Three Littles
Maia Rhynn - 6th Grade

Cooper Robert - 4th Grade
Ivy Franzis Sarah - 1st Grade
The Gang

Can you spot the one so cool for school?

Sweet Sixth Grader

Excited - but a tad nervous.

Growing up too fast.  Mom cried all morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seem to be missing... :)

Emily said...

Did you write that beautiful piece at the beginning? I loved it (and your kids look super cute too ;)