Today - for the first time in my married life - I made cinnamon rolls from scratch. Ivy, of course, climbed on the counter to be as close to the mixer as possible. I had just added the warm milk and butter to a little flour and the yeast. Of course the sticky paste smelled yummy and she asked . . .
Ivy: "Can I taste it mom?"
Me: "No, it's icky."
Ivy: "Please!"
Me: "Nope. It's not good for you."
Ivy: "Dad lets me taste it." (Obviously she thinks it's a batter)
Me: "Naughty daddy. He's not supposed to let you taste it when it has raw eggs." (I'm the only one who cares about these things!)
Ivy: (after a pause) "Well, he did. He MADE me taste it with the rotten eggs."
Me: "Oh, oh. He's in big trouble."
Ivy: "Yeah, you better spank him when he gets home for making me eat rotten eggs."



2 comments:
How cute is she?! And how dare her Daddy let her eat 'rotten' eggs :) ---I care about those things, too. Ick!
What a cutie! We need to have a lesson for our girls on the correct way to put on a skort. It can be so confusing!
Post a Comment