Sunday, March 29, 2009

What About Cooper?

For two third grade wax museums now, my daughters have been Florence Nightingale.  Tessa was the first, and I scoured DI to find clothing and tablecloths that could be cut up and re-sewn into a period piece for that lovely nurse.  Of course I was working on it right up until the time she needed it.  Safety pins worked great for the finishing touches.

Then off to the school to give a report on Florence, and to "be" Florence in the wax museum while all the other grades and parents with toddlers in tow cycled through the gym to ooh and ahh over the celebrities, historical notables, and founding fathers. 

Fast forward three years and now Maia was in third grade. . . needing an important figure to research and a costume to wear in the representation.  I gave her two choices.  Florence Nightingale or Florence Nightingale.  I pulled out the safety pins and we were good to go.

Next up to third grade?  Cooper.  I'd better be prepared with a third option.  Pretty sure my first two will be turned down.  But I'm keeping the safety pins handy for Ivy!

No comments: