It's odd that one can dread the same day that another is anticipating. But it happened.
Ivy was thrilled to be starting school, and I was sad. Very sad.
I took more than fifty pictures that morning, and it's the first time ever that I took a picture of ME with my new kindergartener.
Why didn't I start that tradition earlier?
Then I'd have more pictures to cry over.
Here's a look at the darling new school girl . . .
 |
| With her backpack - that will last only one day. It wasn't big enough so we bought a new one right after school. |
 |
| That smile is because I'm happy for my baby, not for me! |
 |
| So excited she can hardly stand it. |
 |
| Precious! |
 |
| With her buddy Matt - also heading off to kindergarten. |
 |
| Thrilled to be on her way. |
 |
| Waiting for the teacher. She didn't want to go and play with the other kids on the playset. It made me feel a little better that she wanted to stay right beside me. |
 |
| Realizing that it's almost time to go in. This is for real. |
 |
| Mrs. Williams calls the class in. |
 |
| Sitting in her spot. Her teacher had to shoo quite a few mothers away. But none were crying as hard as this one! |
 |
| I was there early to pick her up - and this is what I found. She was happily assimilating! |
 |
| I drove to pick her up - thinking she'd be tired. But she INSISTED on walking home, because that's what the big kids did. |
 |
| Arriving on my door step. I was so glad. |
No comments:
Post a Comment